Just a few reasons why a blog is a great tool for SEO.
- Fresh content – the search engines love that.
- Growing website – the search engines love that, too.
- Multiple variations of keywords to attract highly-targeted long-tale searchers.
- Highly relevant pages from which to link into the main pages of your website.
- Keeps you in touch with your topic, not just the technicalities of SEO.
- You can submit your blog to blog-specific directories, providing extra link love.
- You can easily trade content, not just links.
- Assuming you can generate even a modest amount of traffic for your blog, you can get links to individual posts through social bookmarking (especially if you have a tool like TheBookmarketer at the bottom of each post, as I do).
- Blog open doors to real-people networking on the Internet, and that is always helpful when it comes to link-building and other forms of collaboration, such as blogrolls and webrings.
There are probably a few dozen more reasons why blogs are good for SEO, so why not post your favorite reasons in the comments section below?
Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site