No, this is not a horror movie (you might be thinking of The Blob). This is a blogging contest. I love a good blogging contest, and it seems that there have been precious few of them of late. But along comes…
…and it’s time to have some fun.
Blogging contests are a always great way to gain recognition as a blog writer and make new connections. They give new links for both people and search engines to follow (good for SEO) and they create a sense of importance for your blog. Plus, you could win prizes (but , really, that is probably the smallest benefit).
This contest is even better.
It’s like a reality TV show – only, it’s a reality blog show. Have you ever watched Survivor? Me neither. But if, you have, this is a lot like that show. Two teams will be selected and each will have to build a blog together. Along the way, folks get voted off until only one person gets to keep the blog and the fabulous cash prizes. This is a pretty original contest, so it is worth entering.
Here are the rules…
Starting September 5, 2011, they will begin accepting entries for potential contestants. The deadline for entries will be September 23rd, 11:59 p.m. EST. Selections will be announced on October 3rd, and the official Surviving The Blog contest will begin on Monday, October 10th.
To be considered for one of the 2 teams, here are the guidelines:
- Write a “Why WeBlogBetter Should Choose Me” blog post for your blog that announces this contest, your intent to enter, and reasons why they should choose you over everybody else. Be sure to include ALL sponsors banners and links. (See code on the official post ). This sponsor list will continue to grow and it’s your responsibility to make sure you have the latest updates. You do not need to own a blog, however, to enter, you’ll still need to write the required blog post – you can do that by guest blogging on another blog or by starting a free one at WordPress.com, Blogger, Google Sites, or even on Squidoo.
- Tweet this post on Twitter at least 7 times. (Once per day for a week) Be sure to mention @WeBlogBetter so that they can verify that you’ve done this.
- Share this post on various social networking sites.
- Subscribe to the WBB Email List, if you haven’t already
- Follow these WBB Team Member blogs: PositiveSpin, LiveYourLove, Hajrakvetches!, SoloMomPreneur, FindAllAnswers.com
- Send an Email to: SurvivingtheBlog@WeBlogBetter.com with the subject: “Intent to Enter” that includes the following required pieces:
- Link to your “Why WeBlogBetter should Choose Me” blog post
- The Twitter ID that you used to tweet this post
- Evidence that you’ve shared this post on other social networks (screenshots, links, your profile, etc.)
- The email you used to subscribe to the WBB Email List.
- A Short bio of yourself that includes details that will make you stand out from the crowd.
- A 250×250 or bigger photo of yourself (Must be appropriate and Safe For Work).
And if you wish to sponsor, you can do so at the following levels:
- $50 Basic Level – Get a link with the anchor text of your choice included – Lowest Placement
- $100 – Silver Level – Get a 125×125 banner w/Link – Bottom Placement
- $150 – Gold Level – Get a large 300×250 banner w/Link – Middle placement
- $200+ – Platinum Level – Get a large 300×250 Banner w/Link – Top Placement (Top dollar gets top placement). Plus get your ad displayed in the rotating banner for 6 months (right sidebar of WeblogBetter and the 2 Competing Blogs)
Let the blogging begin!Written by David Leonhardt
Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site