I’ve been tagged in a meme. I think I was tagged sometime a ago in one, but this time I’m paying attention for a few reasons:
- It’s a good chance to tell you about the linking benefits of participating in memes.
- I was tagged by SEOAly (Alysson Fergusson), the Sunshine of Twitter
- SEOAly might get to go free to the IM Spring Break conference (and surely bring back some great notes for me, since I don’t have time to attend)
The concept of a meme is quite simple. At heart it’s a tag-you’re-it game, where one blogger “tags” several others by linking to them. Their role then is to link back to the person who tagged them, and then tag additional bloggers. If you can visualize the linking diagram, you can see the benefits this brings to your blog and to the blogs of your friends and associates.
If a large part of SEO is making your website well-connected across the Internet, a meme helps establish the community of like websites.
So to participate in this meme, I am supposed to link back to SEOAly, link to the IM Spring Break meme page, list 7 things you expect to happen at IM Spring Break, then tag as many people as possible. (I will cheat on that last one; I’ll tag just a few people who have been readers of this blog whom I think might not yet have been tagged by someone else.)
What will happen at IM Spring Break.
- I will miss 100% of the sessions, because I’ll be back home working for my clients.
- I will miss Chris Winfield’s insightful presentation, but I will get to contribute to it when he seeks input via Twitter as he did for his Lawyers on Twitter presentation last month.
- Several words that I can’t repeat here, in case my kids ever read this, will punctuate an equally insightful presentation by Sugarrae Hoffman.
- Jordan Kasteler aka Utah SEO Pro will get even with the IM Spring Break organizers by going 100% dry all conference.
- SEOAly will attend, thanks in part to this blog post.
- SEOAly will bring back notes for everyone she tagged.
- I will run out of ideas before I get to #7.
Is a meme a good way for you to spread the word, too?Written by David Leonhardt
Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site