Just a few reasons why a blog is a great tool for SEO.
- Fresh content – the search engines love that.
- Growing website – the search engines love that, too.
- Multiple variations of keywords to attract highly-targeted long-tale searchers.
- Highly relevant pages from which to link into the main pages of your website.
- Keeps you in touch with your topic, not just the technicalities of SEO.
- You can submit your blog to blog-specific directories, providing extra link love.
- You can easily trade content, not just links.
- Assuming you can generate even a modest amount of traffic for your blog, you can get links to individual posts through social bookmarking (especially if you have a tool like TheBookmarketer at the bottom of each post, as I do).
- Blog open doors to real-people networking on the Internet, and that is always helpful when it comes to link-building and other forms of collaboration, such as blogrolls and webrings.
There are probably a few dozen more reasons why blogs are good for SEO, so why not post your favorite reasons in the comments section below?Written by David Leonhardt
Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site